Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On the Road Again

I expect to put my plan into action this Thursday morning. I'll get into my Suzuki and begin driving toward Brownsville, Texas. I'll go slowly and rest a lot. From Brownsville I propose to enter the Mexican city of Matamoros.

I hope to spend a couple of months in Mexico, beginning with a slow drive to the great City of Vera Cruz.

If you are interested in Mexican happenings which I might witness comment below or send me an email and I'll recount a bit of what I see.

I think that even before I leave Van Horn and start heading down toward the Rio Grand Valley I will begin to feel a very pleasant new freedom.

Mexicans have called the Rio Grande, The Fierce River, El Rio Bravo. Mexico can be fiercely beautiful under its pretty little skies.

I remember that once on the US bank of the Rio Grand I looked into the bright green eyes of a furry black spider, then jumped into the river and swam to Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment