Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Kind of West Balt

I am curious about the Prussians and Prussia.

I'll begin to write out things that I think about those people and that place below. Please feel free to enlighten me where I am wrong or to comment as you will.

I think that they might be like Estonians or Latvians, but with a very different recent history.

Not very long ago Prussia disappeared, with the help of Russia, into the lands of Poland and Germany. "Prussia" may sound like Russia, but the two have not seemed to have gotten on well. Some say that Prussians are a kind of Pole or a kind of German. Some say that the German State began in Prussia. That may be true, and  many Prussians have spoken Polish and German; however, right now I believe that a Prussian is neither a Pole nor  German.

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment