Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

An Adventure

On the 6th of  this February I expect to land at Bangkok tired and jet-lagged. I'll arrive without a visa. Isn't that a bit like showing up on your front porch unannounced and expecting to stay? Still I have high hopes that the Thai will let my stay awhile. Without leaving BKK, I intent to get a flight to Chiang Rai and begin to get comfortable there.

I think that Chiang Rai gets smoky in March and stays that way for over a month. Might go as far as Vietnam to get better air during that time.

Sold my nice little Suzuki and expect to get a rental car today. This JT house is just about empty of furniture and belongings. I've sold and given away much, but will still leave a lot in storage. I may put this computer there tomorrow.

Looking at what I have post here so far, I don't see much beautiful adventure shinning through. Could I be doubting my capacity for adventure? Whatever the state of my writing or capacity may be, I feel satisfied and energized. I feel pleasant anticipation in the knowledge that it is likely that i will soon be surrounded by the novelty and beauty of Thailand and the rest of SEA.

The prospect of shopping for used first grade(or kindergarten) textbooks with which to begin to learn to read and write Thai pleases me.

It also pleases me that I may one day soon compose worthy posts to you from SEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment