Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Benign Neglect

Benign neglect is the main strategy I use in dealing with my half wild patio garden.

In that garden, a spell of cold weather has driven the only red beaver-tail blossom back into its bud. The beaver-tail can take good care of itself.

My baby bisnaga-like cactus is showing off two new vermillion flowers.

The three most evident wild flowers in the garden have yellow, violet, and purple blossoms.

Migrating birds are visiting the patio and cotton tail and ground squirrels are still finding their way in.One cotton tail likes to sit in a rough circle of potted cactus and meditate and occasionally nibbles a bit of green. Latter in the season it may attack the verbena.

The ground squirrels have already eaten large chunks of my little barrel cactus so I've raised them a bit.

Thank goodness the jack-rabbits haven't gotten in.

No comments:

Post a Comment