Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

"Thirteen Moons"

Just finished listening to a fine audio story. It's a novel by Charles Frazier which is read aloud on 13 compact discs by Will Patton. Mr.Patton reads it well. Seems he likes the story. The novel is called Thirteen Moons. I'm not sure why, but it's fitting enough. 


On the back of the cd container it's called a work of 'general fiction.' It's not historical fiction, not even social fiction. It might be a book of manners of certain people of the Appalachian South from the time of Jackson, Huston, Crockett,but it doesn't have much to say about those three. It does consider the Cherokee people.


It's a very American story which I deeply enjoyed being reminded of. I recommend it.


I checked it out from my local library on recommendation from the librarian. She did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment