Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

More Maya



I suspect that certain Maya calculated long periods of time with little error. I believe that I have used the terms Initial Series or Long Count to refer to these calendric calculations in earlier posts.


Please use 'comments' to add any information you can. We like questions and comments too.


It seems that the Maya learned some useful approaches to reality from the Olmec. Olmec may have been the first to give place holding value to numeral which led to the concept of zero.


What can you tell us about the Olmec?


I believe that copies of Mayan writing dating back to about 1200 AD are available to us. Where can we get a good English translation of early Mayan writings?


I suspect that dance among the Maya is as important as it has been among other Indian Americans. I believe that dance carries history, technology, and culture of the people. It may be called sacred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment