Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Goals

I note that a significant number of tweeters and bloggers speak of attention to goal setting.


I have developed some skill at setting goals, even though I practice them less often than I might.


My mother told me that what one thinks is a goal might not be one. She said that a goal, for her, had to be realistic and that she had to be pretty darn sure that she could accomplish it. She had to believe she could and would carry it through to completion. If she did not so believe it was not a goal for her. I have found her words to be helpful.


A present goal of mien is to begin a World History class at a local community college this month. This may not be a complete goal, but it does say what, where, and when about my intentions. Mom, I can do it.


The plan is to complete the class with an 'A,' but I may not. I may quit if I don't enjoy the teacher, the class organization, or whatever. I have not researched the class or the teacher. For me, entering the class begins a process of exploration and discovery.


Speaking of exploration and discovery, at the end of this class or before, I may set a goal for a bit more world exploration and discovery.
I may travel by sea; hopefully with companions or a companion. I am too old to enjoy walking the roads of Siberia carrying my suitcase. I expect my explorations to be slow with and it may take me well over a month to recognize a discovery.


If you know of anyone who might enjoy taking all or part of a 'trip' with me or who might enjoy having my company on a part of their travels or visits, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment