Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ahura


     I drove a little Mazda pick-up for over a decade. I loved that little truck.
Does that make me a Mazdayasna?


An important part of Iranian history is the impact of Zarathsushtra on what it is to be Iranian. I am writing of the personage whose name came to us through the Greek as Zoroaster.
I loved Zoro in the Movies. Could that make me a follower of Zoroasterism?
Did the Magi deliver their gifts in a Mazda?


I'd guess that Zoroaster wrote his Gotha's about 600 BC. Those writings at that date are significant in that they comprise an early manifestation of morality in a monotheistic religion.


It is likely that he came from eastern Iran or perhaps Afghanistan.


There remains  about 3/4 of this little story I planned yet to be told, but I tire. I expect to finish it, or at least continue it, soon. Remind me.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment