Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Organization

I find that people I know quite well or not sure about what I have meant by organization. Well, I have meant a great deal. Most of what I have meant is in close accord with what you will find in your dictionary. Mostly I have been talking about social organization on a fairly intimate level. If you are super interested you might check 'social organizaion' in an encyclopedia.

As a beginning, and perhaps an end and middle too, the organization I have been posting about may consist entirely of an ongoing dialogue on topics of high interests to all participants. Topics may change but there is much continuity of participants.

There are a  couple of tendencies in organization style. One may be characterized as vertical and the other as horizontal. The organization I have been talking about tends to the horizontal. You may be more familiar with the those organizations tending to the vertical. Your work-place may well be an example of a vertical organization. Most states are organized vertically. The vertical organization is more hierarchical; the horizontal less.

An example of horizontal organization might be a group of founding fathers in a tavern offering each other their opinions and assumptions about King George. Another might be a 12 Step meeting; another an early meeting of the Knights of Labor.

Hope this helps.
You might benefit by taking a look at my Magic Table blog before I delete it

No comments:

Post a Comment