Kashubians(Cassubians)are Lechtic language speakers who live on the Baltic coast between the Vistula and Oder rivers. The Cassubian language was spoken in Pomeranian. Pomeranian is a Lechtic language which is a west Slavic language that has been called Old Prussian. If I understood it better I could write it more clearly.
People in the Pomeranian are became Christian during the High Middle Ages. They were ruled by the house of Pomerania(Griffins) and the Samborides. Denmark, Poland, the Holy Roman Empire, and, to a somewhat lesser degree, Sweden, were early political neighbors of these Pomeranian Prussians.
The House of Pomeranian(Greifen, Griffins) may have been Polish. Casmir or Kasimir II probably reigned in Pomerania in 1194 AD. Casmir was the son of Bogislaw, a Pole from close to the boarder with Germany. He was probably directly to Wartislaw I, who was the first historical ruler of Pomerania and founder of the Griffin dynasty. Wartislaw was born about 1140.
Jablon has been claimed by Poland and Germany, but is Prussian.
No comments:
Post a Comment